The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third-parties, and automatically through the Valuer Platform. If you choose not to disclose certain personal information, it may limit your access to certain services or features, including account registration, and the ability to follow other Valuer users or share content on other sites.
1. What We Collect & How We Use It
When you visit the Website, you are not required to actively provide any information, but the analytics software we use may collect some Personal Data and Navigation Information.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the Valuer Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing to users of the Valuer Platform.
Communications: When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Valuer Platform or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Links to Other Websites
1.2 Valuer Products
We may collect Personal Data and Navigation Information from Users of our Product to help us provide, administer, and improve our platform. In order to request access to and use the Product, you will need to provide your full name and email address to us. To make changes to the permission you give us, please visit your Valuer User profile.
1.3 Collected Personal Data & Navigation Information
“Personal Data” refers to any information that can be used to identify you personally. For our purposes, this includes your (first and last) name, company name, phone number, company size, the industry you are in and your interests for startups, data you enter into the open write-in box of our contact form.
“Navigation Information” refers to information about your computer, device, visits to the Website, and use of the Products. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Valuer cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable), and time zone, and other information about user activities on the Valuer Platform.
In cases where the information can be used to identify you personally, Navigation Information would also be considered Personal Data.
1.4 Automatically Collected Information About Your Activity.
1.5 Purposes and Legal Bases for Our Using of Your Information
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes.
Generally, we may use your Personal Data and Navigation Information for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the Valuer Platform, communicate with you about your use of the Valuer Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the Valuer Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Valuer Platform.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Valuer Platform; to evaluate and improve the Valuer Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
The Website and Products integrate some services provided by third parties. We may share some of your information with these service providers so they can provide their services, including payment processing, removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data, marketing support, customer and/or User profiling, business development, and customer service.
To ensure that your Personal Data is processed, used, stored, and transferred securely and in accordance with European Union law, Valuer uses service providers that provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information. For service providers that may transfer Personal Data outside the European Economic Area, Valuer confirms that it implements appropriate safeguards for such transfers (e.g. Privacy Shield certification, EU Standard Contractual Clauses, binding corporate rules).
1.6 Social media buttons
On our website we use the social media plug-ins from platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, YouTube and G-mail. Plug-ins can be recognized by the social media buttons marked with the logos of these companies. Plug-ins are also used for the embedded video players which can be found on our website. When you surf on our website, no information of you will initially be collected by the providers of these social media plug-ins. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins or one of the videos will your information be transmitted: by activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored by them. We do not have influence on the collected data and data processing operations conducted by these social media providers and are not aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes or the retention periods.
Information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by social media platforms can be found in the respective data protection policies of these providers, where you will also find further information on your rights and options for privacy protection. Please refer to the websites of these social media platforms for their data protection policies.
2. Retention & Security of Personal Data
2.1 Retention of Personal Data
We retain Personal Data for as long as we reasonably consider it to be necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, after which time the information will be securely deleted.
2.2 Transfer of Personal Data
As an international company with customers and Users worldwide, we may transfer and access Personal Data from around the world, including the United States. To comply with European Union data protection law, we maintain strong data protection and privacy controls to protect your Personal Data and ensure it during cross-border and international transfers, as well as during periods of storage in foreign countries (e.g. Privacy Shield certification, EU Standard Contractual Clauses, binding corporate rules). Please email [email protected] for a copy of these safeguards.
2.3 How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
- Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Valuer, its users, or others.
- Metrics. We may share with users of our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the Valuer Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Valuer Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
- Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
2.4 Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
2.5 Your Choices
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the Valuer Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the Valuer Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings.
2.6 Emails and Communications
When you join the Valuer Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the Valuer newsletters, onboarding messages, and direct messages containing content that we believe may match the interests of your organization. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings. Additionally, when using an email messaging tool like mailchimp, email-octopus, convertful, pushcrew, pipedrive, or sendgrid; every message will give you the opportunity to log off.
If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
3. Your Rights: Opt-Out & Anti-Spam Policy
With respect to your Personal Data, you have the right to:
- Request that your Personal Data will not be processed;
- Review the Personal Data that we have about you;
- Request a correction of any errors in or update of the Personal Data that we have about you;
- Request that your Personal Data will not be used to contact you for direct marketing purposes;
- Request that your Personal Data will not be used for profiling purposes;
- Request that your Personal Data will not be used to contact you at all;
- Request that your Personal Data be transferred or exported to another organization, or deleted from our records; or
- At any time, withdraw any permission you have given us to process your Personal Data.
You may also contact our privacy coordinator, as set forth below, to access or amend your personal information, to request that we rectify, delete or stop processing your personal information, to withdraw your consent to our processing, and, if you are an EEA resident, to exercise your opt-out rights or place a data portability request. Requests should be directed to [email protected]
Valuer.ai is responsible for the data protection of the site.
- What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website or online service saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Website or use the Products. It remembers your actions and preferences to save you time when you return or browse from one page to another.
2.1 Functional cookies
The cookies listed below are necessary for the proper functioning of our website. These cookies help us, among other things, to track errors in our Website, which allows us to improve the functioning of the Website. These cookies also make sure you can use our Website in a secure environment and also, for example, that you can save your login data and your preferred language, so you will not have to keep entering this every time you use the Website.
|chatlio_at,chatlio_rt,chatlio_uuid||Chatlio cookie for chat support||1 year|
|MARKETINGCONSENT||We use this cookie to store your marketing cookie preference||1 year|
|cookieBar||We use this cookie to remember if you closed the cookie notification bar (will be replaced 25th May 2018)||2 years|
|cfid, USERID, USERHASH||We don’t use this functional cookie, it’s set by default by our CMS||30 years|
|MOBILEFORMAT, ORIGINALURLTOKEN||Is set to TRUE if you are using a mobile device||Session|
|ORIGINALURLTOKEN||We don’t use this functional cookie, it’s set by default by our CMS||Session|
|__cfduid||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.||1 year|
|drift_aid||Drift chat identifier cookie (anonymous)||Session|
|drift_sid||.||Drift chat identifier token for specific browser session (anonymous)||Session|
|driftt_wmd||Drift chat boolean indicating the user has dismissed the welcome message in this session||Session|
|DFTT_END_USER_PREV_BOOTSTRAPPED||Drift boolean indicating the user has previously been authenticated||2 years|
|__d_hsutk||Drift chat boolean indicating the Hubspot UTK has been checked||Session|
2.2 Analytical cookies
The cookies listed below are analytical cookies, which are cookies that are used to gain insight into the use of the Website and our Products. These cookies allow us to improve the Website in terms of quality and effectivity and help us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and analyzing information anonymously.
|_ga||Google Analytics sets a cookie that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website (anonymous).||2 years|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website (anonymous).||1 day|
|_gat,_gat_gtag_UA*||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session|
|test_cookie||Tests for cookie setting permissions for Google Analytics||Session|
|__utma||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics. (anonymous)||2 years|
|__utmt||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server. (anonymous)||10 minutes|
|__utmb||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit. (anonymous)||30 minutes|
|__utmz||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics. (anonymous)||30 minutes|
|__utmx,__utmxx,__utmxx||Google Optimize uses this cookie to determine a user’s inclusion in an experiment. (Only when experiments are live)||1,5 years|
|Optimizely||We use various names for A/B testing cookies. They all contain the word VARIANT||1 year|
|_hjIncludedInSample||We use HotJar for anonymous heatmaps so we can improve our navigation||Session|
2.3 Marketing cookies
The cookies listed below are marketing cookies, which are cookies that are used by us to be able to improve your browsing experience and to learn your preferences, so that we can improve our marketing strategy and provide you with tailored offers. Marketing cookies are also needed to make use of embedded video services.
|Act, c_user, csm, fr, lu, s, presence, p, xs||.facebook.com||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. (internet based targeting)||Max 1 year after session/update|
|lidc, bcookie, bscookie||.linkedin.com||LinkedIn Uses this cookie for routing data||1 day|
|L1c||www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn browser ID cookie||Session|
|BizoID, BizoData, BizoUserMatchHistory, BizoNetworkPartnerIndex||www.linkedin.com||LinkedIn Ad analytics||6 months|
|collect||.google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session|
|id||.yieldlab.com||Yieldlab ads tracking code via google adwords|
|__ar_v4||.doubleclick.net||DoubleClick tracking code via google adwords||5 years|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||DoubleClick tracking code via google adwords|
|test_cookie||.doubleclick.net||Tests for cookie setting permissions for Doubleclick||Session|
|SID, NID, HSID, DV, SIDCC, SSID, APISID, SAPISID||.google.com||Google adwords tracking code||Max 1 year after session/update|
|rpb,put_,rpx,c,khaos||.rubiconproject.com||Rubiconproject tracking cookie via Google Adwords||Max 1 year after session/update|
|utm.gif||.google.com||Google Analytics pixel tracker||Session|
|__hstc||The main Hubspot cookie for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp, last timestamp, current timestamp, and session number||2 years|
|__hssc||This Hubspot cookie is used for to keep track of a visitor’s identity||30 minutes|
|__hssrc||This Hubspot cookie is used for to keep track of a visitor’s identity||Session|
|LD_*||.youtube.*||Youtube cookies track which video you have watched.||99 years|
|LOGIN_INFO||.youtube.com||Youtube sets this cookie if you are a logged in user of Youtube||2 years|
|PREF||.youtube.com||Youtube saves your preferences in this cookie||2 years|
|YSC||.youtube.com||Youtube session cookie||Sessie|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||Youtube user ID cookie||2 jaar|
|JSESSIONID||.nr-data.net||New Relic browser monitoring session ID cookie set by Vimeo||Session|
|__insp_norec_sess, __insp_nv, __insp_slim, __insp_targlpt, __insp_targlpu, __insp_wid||.newrelic.com||New Relic browser monitoring cookies||Session|
|__qca||.vimeo.com||Vimeo Quantcast cookie. It can log your ip address, http location and various other statistical data.||1 year and 1 week|
|__ssid||.vimeo.com||Vimeo secure session ID||Until January 2030|
|_ga||.newrelic.com, .vimeo.com||Google Analytics sets a cookie that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||2 years|
|_gid||.newrelic.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day|
|_abexps, _ceg.s, _ceg.u, continuous_play_v3, player, vuid||.vimeo.com||Various cookies set by Vimeo, function cookies and Crazy Egg tracking||Max 1 year after session/update|
|_convertful||.convertful.com||Convertful allows for popups to encourage users to give information||Max 1 year after session/update|
|inspeclet||.inspeclet.com||User testing and heatmapping for better UX and usability studying||Max 1 year after session/update|
As a data processor, Inspectlet collects and stores the following data in its data centers on behalf of users using the service:
- Current URL
- Time zone
- Browser type and version
- Device type and version
- Operating system type and version
- Referrer URL
- Screen size
- User last seen date
- Mouse activity including pixel coordinates for mouse movements and clicks and keyboard activity typed into non-sensitive input fields.
- HTML content that isn’t marked as sensitive content
The following cookies are created and stored on the client side in a visitor’s browser to aid data collection:
- __insp_sid – session cookie, deleted when visit is over
- __insp_ref – session cookie, deleted when visit is over
- __insp_scpt – session cookie, deleted when visit is over
- __insp_nv – session cookie, deleted when visit is over
- __insp_wid – session cookie, deleted when visit is over
- __insp_identity – session cookie, deleted when visit is over
- __insp_uid – long-term cookie that contains random ID assigned to visitor
You can opt out of inspeclet by following this link: https://www.inspectlet.com/optout
As well as cookies we may use pixels which are similar to cookies however are relevant in a social media context (such as Facebook). A pixel is an analytics tool which measures the effectiveness of advertisements and enables us to provide advertisements which are relevant to you.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session or they can be stored for longer. Your browser settings can also enable you to clear cookies on exit from specified websites.
This overview of cookies is a snapshot. Valuer strives to keep this list as up-to-date as reasonably possible. However, considering the dynamic characteristic of the internet and the many (external) parties involved, it is possible that not all current cookies are listed at all times.
- How to Manage your Cookies
Allowing cookies is not strictly necessary for the Website and Products to work, but doing so will provide you with a better browsing experience. These cookies are placed as the default, but you can delete or block these cookies, but if you do some features may not work as intended. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. If you indicate your approval by clicking ‘ok’ on the cookies banner without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from the Website and Products. Please know that we don’t place analytical and marketing cookies until you’ve indicated your approval. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website or use the Products and some features or functionalities may not work.